ADX Sydney Prize Draw and Tyro Chance Wheel competition Terms and Conditions
1. The ADX Sydney Prize Draw and Tyro Chance Wheel competition (Competition) is run by Tyro Payments Limited ACN 103 575 042 AFSL 471951 of Level 1, 155 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone number 1300 00 TYRO (8976) (Tyro).
2. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions (T&Cs). Entry into the Competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these T&Cs (and any amendments).
3. The Competition commences at 9.00am (Sydney time) on Thursday, 17/3/2022 and closes at 6.00pm (Sydney time) on Saturday, 19/3/2022 (Competition Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open to Australian residents who:
- are aged 18 years and above; and
- are the employee or owner of an Australian business with an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- are not an employee or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of an employee of Tyro or of any associated companies, retailers, suppliers and agencies (as determined by Tyro),
at the time of entry and when the Prize is awarded (Eligible Entrants).
How to enter
5. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
- attend the ADX Sydney exhibition at the International Convention Centre, Sydney and visit the Tyro stand; and
- scan the QR code available at the Tyro stand to access the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events/; and
- complete the webform which includes consenting to a sales call with a Tyro representative and to receiving direct marketing email communications; and
- submit the fully completed event form.
6. Only one (1) entry may be submitted per Eligible Entrant.
7. No entry fee is charged by Tyro to enter this Competition. However, the cost of accessing the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events/ is dependent on the participant’s individual Internet service provider.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by Tyro, not at the time of transmission. Tyro accepts no responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries.
9. The Prize Winner of the Draw will receive an Apple Watch Series 7 41mm Midnight Aluminium Case GPS, valued at AUD$599 (Prize).
10. The Prize is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash.
11. The total prize pool value is approximately $599 AUD based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier and is correct at the date of these Terms and Conditions. Tyro accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
12. Tyro accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the receipt of any prize. Independent advice should be sought.
13. The Prize will be provided to the Prize Winner by Tyro within fourteen (14) business days from the date of the Draw.
14. Any forfeited Prize will be dealt with in accordance with the “Notifying/Announcing the winner” clause(s).
Tyro Chance Wheel and Prize draw
15. Each participant who successfully submits the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events, will be awarded one entry to the prize draw and one spin on the Tyro Chance Wheel to win an instant prize corresponding to the prize stated on that segment of the wheel. Instant prizes are Tyro merchandise including: bottle openers, webcam covers, garden seedlings, yo-yos, phone pop grips; phone wireless chargers.
16. The Competition prize draw will take place at 12.00pm (Sydney time) on Tuesday, 22/3/2022 at a Tyro office or office of a Tyro employee (Prize Draw) using a random winner generator tool.
17. The first valid entry drawn will win (Prize Winner). There will be one (1) Prize Winner.
18. Tyro may draw additional reserve entries in case of an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
Notifying/Announcing the winner
19. Tyro will notify the Prize Winner by email and telephone within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw.
20. The Prize Winner will be announced by email at 12.00pm (Sydney time) on Tuesday, 29/3/2022 to all participants who submitted their details on the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events/. (Unless the Prize Winner is unable to be contacted by that date, in which case announcement in respect of that Prize Winner will be as soon as practical after the Prize Winner has been contacted).
21. Tyro accepts no liability for any misdirected, lost, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Prize Winner.
Claiming the prize
22. The Prize Winner must claim the Prize by 12pm (Sydney time), on Monday, 28 March 2022 by return email or telephone call.
23. If the Prize is not claimed by that time:
- the relevant winner will be taken to have forfeited the Prize and the Prize may be awarded to a reserve winner determined at the time the entries are drawn (Reserve Winner);
- Tyro will notify that Reserve Winner and publish their name as described in the “Notifying/Announcing the winner” clause(s); and
- the Reserve Winner must claim their Prize within five (5) days of being notified. If the Reserve Winner does not claim their Prize within this time, the process will be applied again until the Prize has been claimed.
Cancellation or suspension
24. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to circumstances beyond Tyro’s reasonable control, Tyro may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition, where permitted by law.
25. Tyro reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry where it is satisfied that the participant is in breach of any of the above representations or warranties or in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition or claiming a Prize, Tyro will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved Tyro’s decision will be final.
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Tyro (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties, traffic congestion on the website or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Tyro’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Tyro) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Tyro; (d) any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or applicant; or (e) receipt or use of the Prize.
28. As a condition of entering into this Competition, each participant agrees not to make any public announcement or participate in any promotional or advertising activities about, or in relation to, the participant’s participation in the Competition, other than an announcement that the participant has, or will, submit an entry for the Competition or otherwise with Tyro’s prior written consent.
29. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes:
- permission to Tyro to use a Prize Winner’s name and business name for any promotional, advertising, or internet usage without further compensation unless prohibited by law, including by publishing the Prize Winner’s name at www.tyro.com for an unlimited period of time; and
- agreement by the Prize Winner to participate in promotional or advertising activities arranged by Tyro, including but not limited to, testimonials, videos, photographs and voice recordings, in relation to the Competition and the Prize Winner’s participation in the Competition, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Tyro owns and retains all intellectual property rights in any such material on creation.