Bread and fast integrated EFTPOS on the rise
When it comes to baking bread, Sydney’s Sonoma Artisan Bakery says that good things take time. But that doesn’t apply to taking payments. Choosing Kounta and Tyro as it integrated POS system, they found a smart solution.
Sourdough is their specialty, and to do it right takes patience, precision, and a watchful eye — the sourdough starter that’s at the root of all their bread reacts to naturally occurring yeast in the air, and conditions have to be just so for an optimal fermentation and rise.
And it’s this artisan’s attention to detail that makes the bread so good. That’s why, when it comes to their business operations, the people at Sonoma don’t have a lot of patience, precision, and watchful eyes left to balance the books and reconcile payments with bank accounts and payment processors.
So, a few years ago, when Sonoma wanted to buy into a software solution that would do the heavy lifting for them, they chose Kounta to run as the hub into which all their peripheral operations could fully integrate.
Their inventory of ingredients, their customers and employees, and all the reporting and analytics for their six locations could be managed from a single place, any place.
Above all else, though, Kounta is a point of sale, and the way it can ease the checkout process is a major selling point. Accepting debit and credit payments is a huge part of that process, so it’s no surprise that Sonoma chose to work with Tyro, a Kounta partner.
Together Kounta and Tyro provide a seamless experience, according to Sonoma Retail COO Eirini Papadopoulou.
“It has simplified the whole payment process and has made the experience much easier for the customer, as well as our retail staff,” she said. “Tyro integrates perfectly with our Kounta POS and the transition was seamless. The system is reliable and customer support is fantastic.”
The benefits of integration between the two, which Tyro co-founder Andrew Rothwell recently described as “a match made in payment heaven”, are:
- Customers get one point of contact. Your concerns are addressed by the first person you speak to.
- Sales amounts from Kounta are sent directly to Tyro’s terminal, eliminating the need to re-key in totals.
- With contactless payments (Tap & Go) and sub-three second transaction time, your customers will move through the queue quickly.
- Tyro’s PCI compliant, wireless card terminal uses Wi-Fi to communicate directly to them for authorisation and delivers approval right to Kounta.
- The terminal has a built-in 3G backup, so payments keep happening even when your main connection is down.
- Being wireless and cloud-connected facilitates sharing: one Tyro terminal can be used by as many registers as you need.