- want to build and maintain a world class infrastructure for a heavily tech focused company?
- want to work for a company that’s pushing the boundaries in the payments sector?
- have a keen sense of doing the job right, whilst meeting security requirements?
- challenge the status quo and believe in the power of robust automation?
YES? Then read on as Tyro Payments might be your kind of workplace.
Tyro Payments is Australia’s largest fintech company and newest bank. The only independent and fastest growing EFTPOS provider, we supply smart and simple payments solutions, deposits and loans to the SMB market.
At Tyro, we encourage a healthy work/life balance and provide flexible working arrangements when needed. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and we are always looking for ways in improving the people experience.
Tyro is a going through an exciting period of growth and it’s a tremendously exciting time to be a part of the Tyro success story.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and maintain database systems of high quality, availability and recoverability.
- Work closely with software engineers, IT operations, information security, data scientists and internal customers to understand and meet their data requirements.
- Monitor and maintain database performance by working with fellow team members and software engineers to optimise settings and queries.
- Implement database changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Regularly perform business continuity testing to ensure data security and recoverability.
- Automate day to day tasks using puppet and other tools.
- Respond to system alerts, prioritise and resolve incidents to restore service.
- Provide database support to internal customers.
- Pair with colleagues when performing mission critical changes (we’re an Agile shop).
- After hours support required.
- If called upon, jump in to help others out where required.
- Help us achieve operational excellence.
What we’re looking for
- You excel as a Database administrator.
- You have experience in designing and maintaining mission critical enterprise database systems.
- You have excellent knowledge of data backup/recovery/security/integrity and SQL.
- You have experience automating tasks instead of manually managing systems.
- You have coding skills with a high level language such as Java, Python, Ruby or Perl.
- You can see the bigger picture and have experience with working with colleagues to design and implement (hands on) technical projects to completion.
- You have current experience with puppet.
- You have 5+ years experience as a Database administrator with MySQL.
Advantageous skills to have
- You have hands on experience with NoSQL and cloud database services such as Amazon Aurora.
- You have been a go to person in your current or previous roles to discuss data platform architecture.
- You are familiar with security concepts.
Am I right for this role?
- You have outstanding all-round communication skills.
- You work well within a team and actively engage and contribute your experience in discussions.
- You consider security in everything you do.
- You are a resilient problem solver with an optimistic outlook.
- You are driven to continuously improve the way we work.
- You manage your own tasks and don’t need others to tell you what needs doing.
- You are willing to learn new stuff on a daily basis and share what you have learned with the team.
- You are proud of documenting your excellent work.
- You don’t hesitate to interact with colleagues to get stuff done. Leave your ego outside.
- You understand that not everything is technical and that the processes are just as important.
Interested in applying for this role? Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com