- want to build and maintain a world class infrastructure for a heavily tech focused company?
- want to work for a company that’s pushing the boundaries in the payments sector?
- have a keen sense of doing the job right, whilst balancing security requirements?
- challenge the status quo and believe in the power of robust automation?
YES? Then read on as Tyro Payments might be your kind of workplace.
Tyro Payments is Australia’s largest fintech company and newest bank. The only independent and fastest growing EFTPOS provider, we supply smart and simple payments solutions, deposits and loans to the SMB market.
Tyro is a going through an exciting period of growth and it’s a tremendously exciting time to be a part of the Tyro success story.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and optimise Linux servers for our 24/7 production data centres.
- Automate day to day tasks using puppet and other tools.
- Work closely with the software engineers to deploy internally developed Java software into production.
- Manage maintenance tasks required across our production and corporate Linux environments.
- Respond to system alerts, prioritise and resolve incidents to restore service.
- Update the configuration of firewalls across our production networks.
- Manage and optimise our production database servers.
- Pair with colleagues when performing mission critical changes (we’re an Agile shop).
- After hours support for our production environment, one week every 8 weeks (or less).
- If called upon, jump in to help others out where required.
- Drive business partner maintenance/upgrades to successful and timely completion.
- Help us achieve operational excellence.
What we’re looking for
- You excel as a Linux administrator (but you are not afraid of touching other OS flavours).
- You have experience automating tasks instead of manually managing systems
- You have robust coding skills (ex developer?) with a high level language such as Java, Python, Ruby or Perl.
- You have hands-on experience in orchestrating and automating the build of virtual infrastructure environments.
- You manage common Internet systems (Apache, DNS, networking gear (Cisco etc.), firewalls) in a breeze.
- You can see the bigger picture and have experience with working with colleagues to design and implement (hands on) technical projects to completion.
- You have current experience with puppet.
- You have 5+ years experience as a Linux system administrator.
Advantageous skills to have
- You have good understanding of IT architecture concepts.
- You are able to manage VMware or other virtualisation technologies.
- You are familiar with security concepts.
Am I right for this role?
- You have outstanding all-round communication skills.
- You work well within a team and actively engage and contribute your experience in discussions.
- You consider security in everything you do.
- You are a resilient problem solver with an optimistic outlook.
- You are driven to continuously improve the way we work.
- You manage your own tasks and don’t need others to tell you what needs doing.
- You are willing to learn new stuff on a daily basis and share what you have learned with the team.
- You are proud of documenting your excellent work.
- You don’t hesitate to interact with colleagues to get stuff done. Leave your ego outside.
- You understand that not everything is technical and that the processes are just as important.
Interested in applying for this role? Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com