Frontline Questionnaire Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Frontline Questionnaire (Competition) is run by Tyro Payments Limited (ACN 103 575 042, AFSL 471951) of Level 18, 55 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 1300 00 TYRO (8976) (Tyro).
2. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions (Terms).
3. Entry into the Competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms (and any amendments).
4. The Competition commences at 9.00 am (Sydney time) on Tuesday, 30/8/2022 and closes at [5.00]pm (Sydney time) on Wednesday, 31/8/2022 (Competition Period).
Eligibility to enter
5. Entry is open to Australian residents who:
- are aged 18 years and above; and
- are not an employee or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of an employee of Tyro or of any associated companies, retailers, suppliers and agencies (as determined by Tyro),
at the time of entry and when the Prize is awarded (Eligible Entrants).
How to enter
6. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
- Scan the promotion QR Code and follow the directions to complete the online entry form.
- Input all requested details including full name, email address and mobile number.
- Input answers to the 3 multiple choice questions.
- Submit the fully completed online entry form.
7. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant per day.
8. Incomplete, illegible, or incomprehensible entries will not be accepted and will be deemed invalid.
9. No entry fee is charged by Tyro to enter this Competition. However, the cost of accessing the ‘Tyro Frontline entry form’ is dependent on the Eligible Entrant’s individual Internet service provider.
10. Tyro accepts no responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries.
11. Entries received outside the Competition Period will not be eligible or accepted.
12. The Prize Winner(s) will receive:
- $1000 cash reward per day, totalling $2000 over the two days of the event (Prize).
13. The total Prize pool value is $2000 AUD based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier and is correct at the date of these Terms. Tyro accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value.
14. An Eligible Entrant cannot win more than one Prize from the total Prize pool.
15. If any Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Tyro reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value.
16. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. Prize values are in Australian dollars.
17. Tyro accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the receipt of any Prize. Independent advice should be sought.
18. Tyro is neither responsible or liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prizes.
19. Prizes will be provided to each Prize Winner by Tyro within fourteen (14) business days from the date the Prize is claimed by the Prize Winner, by emailing the Prize to the Prize Winners.
20. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the eGift card are not included. Any unused balance of the eGift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the eGift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the eGift card.
21. Any forfeited Prize will be dealt with in accordance with the “Notifying/Announcing the winner” clause(s).
22. The Competition prize draw will take place at 3.00pm (Sydney time) on Friday, 2/9/2022 (Prize Draw) using a random winner generator tool.
23. The first valid entries drawn will win (Prize Winner).
24. Tyro may draw additional reserve entries in case of an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
25. If a scrutineer is required by the relevant State legislation, Tyro will appoint an independent person that meets the requirements of the relevant State legislation to oversee the Prize Draw to ensure that it is carried out fairly and in accordance with these Terms.
Determining the winner
26. Judging of all eligible entries will commence at 3:00pm (Sydney time) on Friday 2/9/2022
27. The entries that correctly answered all three questions (per each day) will be compiled and a winner chosen at random using a random generator tool. (Prize Winner). The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the Competition result.
28. There will be a total of two Prize Winners.
Notifying/Announcing the winner
29. Tyro will notify each of the Prize Winners by their nominated email and telephone within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw.
30. Tyro accepts no liability for any misdirected, lost, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Prize Winner(s).
31. Tyro may in its absolute discretion deem entries invalid subsequently to a Prize Winner being notified or a Prize Winner’s name being announced if it is discovered that the Prize Winner did not enter the Competition in accordance with these Terms. In these circumstances, an additional entry will be judged.
Claiming the prize
32. The Prize Winner(s) must claim the Prize by 11:59pm (Sydney time) on Tuesday 20/9/2022 via a third-party supplier (Digital Glue Gift Card Platform
33. If the Prize is not claimed by that time:
- the relevant winner will be taken to have forfeited the Prize and the Prize may be awarded via a random generator tool (Reserve Winner);
- the Reserve Winner must claim their Prize within five (5) days of being notified. If the Reserve Winner does not claim their Prize within this time, the process will be applied again until each Prize has been claimed.
Cancellation or suspension
34. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to circumstances beyond Tyro’s reasonable control, Tyro may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition, without the need to provide compensation to entrants, where permitted by applicable State or Territory legislation.
35. Tyro reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry where it is satisfied that the entrant is in breach of any of the above representations or warranties or in the event of non-compliance with these Terms. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition or claiming a Prize, Tyro will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved Tyro’s decision will be final.
36. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Tyro (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties, traffic congestion on the website or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Tyro’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference.
- any entry or Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Tyro) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Tyro.
- any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or participant; or
- receipt or use of the Prize.
38. If a Prize is to be delivered directly to a Prize Winner by a third-party supplier, Tyro accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the Prize, any loss or damage to the Prize, any delay or failure relating to the Prize itself or failure by the third-party supplier to meet any obligations in these Terms or otherwise.
39. Tyro shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- 42. As a condition of entering into this Competition, each entrant agrees not to make any public announcement or participate in any promotional or advertising activities about, or in relation to, the entrant’s participation in the Competition, other than an announcement that the entrant has, or will, submit an entry for the Competition or otherwise with Tyro’s prior written consent.
43. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes:
- permission to Tyro to use a Prize Winner’s name and business name for any promotional, advertising, or internet usage without further compensation unless prohibited by law, including by publishing the Prize Winner’s name at www.tyro.com for an unlimited period of time; and
- agreement by the Prize Winner to participate in promotional or advertising activities arranged by Tyro, including but not limited to, testimonials, videos, photographs, and voice recordings, in relation to the Competition and the Prize Winner’s participation in the Competition, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Tyro owns and retains all intellectual property rights in any such material on creation.