Sydney Gift Fair Prize Draw and Tyro Chance Wheel competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Sydney Gift Fair Prize Draw and Tyro Chance Wheel competition (Competition) is run by Tyro Payments Limited ACN 103 575 042 AFSL 471951 of Level 1, 155 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone number 1300 00 TYRO (8976) (Tyro).
How to enter
2. Information on the process of entry and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this Competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (and any amendments).
3. The Competition commences at 9.00am (Sydney time) on 18/2/2022 and closes at 6.00pm (Sydney time) on 21/2/2022 (Competition Period).
4. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must, within the Competition Period, scan the QR code at the Sydney Gift Fair Tyro stand to access the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events; complete the webform; consent to a sales call with a Tyro representative and direct marketing email communications on the webform; and submit the webform.
5. Only one entry may be submitted per Eligible Entrant.
6. No entry fee is charged by Tyro to enter this Competition. Where entry is online, there is no additional cost to enter this Competition other than any cost payable by the applicant to access the Tyro website event form via their Internet service provider.
7. Tyro accepts no responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries.
Eligibility to enter
8. To be eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible Entrants), the applicant must meet all the criteria set out below:
- be the employee or owner of an Australian business with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be over the age of 18 years old;
- submit an entry via the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events
- consent to a sales call with a Tyro representative and direct marketing email communications.
9. Employees, directors or management of Tyro, and immediate family members of employees, directors or management of Tyro, associated companies, retailers, suppliers and agencies, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
Tyro Chance Wheel and Prize draw
10. Each applicant who successfully submits the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events, will be awarded one entry to the prize draw and one spin on the Tyro Chance Wheel to win an instant prize corresponding to the prize stated on that segment of the wheel. Instant prizes are Tyro merchandise including: bottle openers, webcam covers, seedlings, phone pop grips; phone wireless chargers.
11. The Competition prize draw will take place at 12.00pm (Sydney time) on 22/2/2022 at a Tyro office or office of a Tyro employee (Draw).
12. There will be two (2) prize winners (Prize Winners). Prize Winners will be determined by way of a random selection of valid Entries from Eligible Entrants using a random winner generator tool. Prizes will be awarded to the Eligible Entrants that submitted the first two entries drawn.
13. Prize Winners will be announced by email at 12.00pm (Sydney time) on 24/2/2022 to all participants who submitted their details on the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/events. The Prize Winners will also be emailed directly by Tyro within two (2) days after the Draw.
14. Tyro accepts no liability for any misdirected, lost, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Prize Winners.
15. The Prize Winners of the Draw will receive one of the two prizes:
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd Gen), valued at $219
- Sony MDR-RF995RK RF Wireless Headphones, valued at $199
16 .Prizes will be awarded in descending order of value.
17. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash.
18. The total prize pool value is approximately $418 AUD based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier and is correct at the date of these Terms and Conditions. Tyro accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
19. Tyro accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the receipt of any prize. Independent advice should be sought.
20. Prizes will be provided to each Prize Winner by Tyro within 14 business days from the date of the Draw.
21. Any forfeited prize will be dealt with in accordance with clause 23.
Unclaimed prize draw
22. The Prize Draw prizes must be claimed by 12pm, 1 February 2022 (Sydney time).
23. If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted at 12.00pm (Sydney time) on 17/3/2022 at a Tyro office or office of a Tyro employee (Unclaimed Prize Draw). Winners will be determined in the same manner used for the main Draw, excluding any entries from Prize Winners.
24. Winners of any Unclaimed Prize Draw will be announced by email at 12.00pm (Sydney time) on 19/3/2022 to all participants who submitted their details on the Tyro website event form: https://www.tyro.com/partner-events. The winners of any Unclaimed Prize Draw will also be emailed directly by Tyro within two (2) days after the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
Cancellation or suspension
25. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to circumstances beyond Tyro’s reasonable control, Tyro may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, where permitted by law.
26. Each applicant represents and warrants that:
- it has not tampered with the entry process;
- it is an Eligible Entrant;
- it has not provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information to Tyro; and
- its entry does not contain offensive, objectionable or inappropriate content or infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person.
27. Tyro reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry where it is satisfied that the applicant is in breach of any of the above representations or warranties or in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition or claiming a prize, Tyro will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved Tyro’s decision will be final.
28. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Tyro (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties, traffic congestion on the website or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Tyro’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Tyro) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Tyro; (d) any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or applicant; or (e) receipt or use of the prize.
30. As a condition of entering into this Competition, each applicant agrees not to make any public announcement or participate in any promotional or advertising activities about, or in relation to, the applicant’s participation in the Competition, other than an announcement that the applicant has, or will, submit an entry for the Competition or otherwise with Tyro’s prior written consent.
31. Acceptance of a prize constitutes:
- permission to Tyro to use a Prize Winner’s name and business name for any promotional, advertising, or internet usage without further compensation unless prohibited by law, including by publishing the Prize Winner’s name at www.tyro.com for an unlimited period of time; and
- agreement by the Prize Winner to participate in promotional or advertising activities arranged by Tyro, including but not limited to, testimonials, videos, photographs and voice recordings, in relation to the Competition and the Prize Winner’s participation in the Competition, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Tyro owns and retains all intellectual property rights in any such material on creation.