Tyro Smart Growth Grant 2016 Program
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- The Tyro Smart Growth Grant program (Program) is run by Tyro Payments Limited ACN 103 575 042 AFSL 471951 of Level 1, 155 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000 (Tyro).
How to apply
- Information on how to apply, the process of entry and grant details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this Program is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. It is important that each applicant read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
- The Program commences at 9.00am (AEST) on 15th September 2016 and closes 6.00pm (AEST) 15th November 2016 (Application Period).
- To enter the Program, each applicant must, within the Application Period, submit an application through the Program landing page at tyro.com/smart-growth-grant-2016 telling Tyro in 100 words or less per idea the three innovative things that the applicant will do to increase efficiencies and boost their business growth this coming financial year (2016/2017). Winners of the grants offered under this Program will be determined based on the judging criteria set out in clause 12.
- Only one application may be submitted per Eligible Applicant and/or per ABN.
- Applications will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by Tyro, not at the time of transmission. Tyro will accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected applications.
Eligibility to enter
- To be eligible to enter the Program (Eligible Applicant), the applicant must meet all of the criteria set out below:
- be a small/medium size business employing more than five but less than 200 people;
- operate its business in Australia;
- have a current registered Australian Business Number (ABN);
- have signed up for the first time, and had its application approved for, Tyro EFTPOS Banking between 15 September 2016 and 15 November 2016 (inclusive);
- have processed a third party batch bill payment from its Tyro Smart Account using the Tyro App before 15 December 2016; and
- hold an active Tyro Smart Account at the time of grant deposit.
- Employees of Tyro, and immediate family members of employees of Tyro, associated companies and agencies, are not eligible to apply to the Program.
- Tyro reserves the right to amend, at any time, the eligibility criteria set out in clause 7, including, but not limited to, extending the Application Period or any date referred to in the eligibility criteria.
- Applications will be judged based on the following criteria (Judging Criteria):
- originality; and
- the application must contain sufficient detail to clearly set out what the idea is and how the Eligible Applicant intends to implement the idea.
- Judging of all eligible applications will commence at 10am (AEST) on 10 January 2017 by a panel of appropriately qualified judges on the basis of the Judging Criteria.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be up to ten (10) grant-winners selected (Grant Winners). The judging panel will select up to 10 of the best eligible applications, based on the Judging Criteria, to be selected as Grant Winners. For the avoidance of doubt, if the judging panel determines that less than 10 applications successfully satisfy the Judging Criteria, the number of Grant Winners may be less than 10.
- Each Grant Winner will receive the following:
- a grant of $25,000 deposited into the Grant Winner’s Tyro Smart Account; and
- an invitation to meet some of Australia’s brightest entrepreneurs (Invitation) – on a date and at a venue to be announced by Tyro on 1 February 2017.
- Grant Winners will be announced at 6pm (AEST) on 24 January 2017 on Tyro’s website at tyro.com/smart-growth-grant-2016. The Grant Winners will also be contacted directly by Tyro by email within two (2) business days after 24 January 2017. Tyro accepts no liability for any misdirected, lost or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Grant Winners.
- The grant or Invitation is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash (where applicable).
- Tyro accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the receipt of any grant.
- Grants will be provided to each Grant Winner by Tyro within 14 business days from 1 February 2017, by Tyro depositing the funds into the Grant Winner’s active Tyro Smart Account.
- In the event a Grant Winner does not have an active Tyro Smart Account at the time the grant is awarded, the Grant Winner will be deemed to have failed to satisfy the Eligibility Criteria and the grant will be forfeited by the Grant Winner. Tyro may, in its absolute discretion, award any forfeited grant to the next best eligible application in order to distribute the unclaimed grant.
Cancellation or suspension
- If for any reason this Program is not capable of running as planned due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Tyro, including but not limited to fraud or technical failure, Tyro may take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Program.
- Each applicant represents and warrants that:
- it has not tampered with the application process;
- it is an Eligible Applicant;
- it has not provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information to Tyro; and
- its application does not contain offensive, objectionable or inappropriate content or infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Tyro reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any application where it is satisfied that the applicant is in breach of any of the representations or warranties set out in clause 23.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Tyro (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Program, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Tyro’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any application or grant that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Tyro) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Tyro; (d) any tax liability incurred by the Grant Winner or applicant; or (e) receipt or use of the grant.
Intellectual property ownership
- All intellectual property rights in the applications become and remain the property of Tyro upon receipt.
- All intellectual property rights in material developed in accordance with clause b become and remain the property of Tyro upon creation.
- Tyro grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display the content of the application to the Eligible Applicant that submitted the application.
- As a condition of entering into this Program, each applicant:
- consents to Tyro collecting, using and disclosing any personal information provided to Tyro for the purposes of conducting the Program;
- acknowledges that where the applicant has provided personal details about a person to Tyro for the purposes of participation in the Program, that person has given the applicant their implied or express consent to do so and to being contacted by Tyro in relation to the Program; and
- agrees not to make any public announcement or participate in any promotional or advertising activities about, or in relation to, the applicant’s participation in the Program, other than an announcement that the applicant has, or will, submit an application for the Program or otherwise with Tyro’s prior written consent.
- Acceptance of a grant constitutes:
- permission to Tyro to use a Grant Winner’s name, business name and submitted ideas for any promotional, advertising, or internet usage without further compensation unless prohibited by law, including by publishing the Grant Winner’s name at www.tyro.com for an unlimited period of time; and
- agreement by the Grant Winner to participate in promotional or advertising activities arranged by Tyro, including but not limited to, testimonials, videos, photographs and voice recordings, in relation to the Program and the Grant Winner’s participation in the Program, without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
Amendment of Terms and Conditions
- Tyro reserves the right to amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice, where permitted by law.
- Each applicant will be bound by any amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
- Amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be notified by Tyro posting the amended Terms and Conditions on its website at tyro.com/smart-growth-grant-2016.