Processing a transaction
Enter the transaction amount:
- In standalone mode you will see Enter Amount on the EFTPOS machine screen. Simply enter the desired amount and press OK. If you don’t see Enter Amount, you may be in integrated mode. To switch, see instructions in step 3.
- In integrated mode, your POS/PMS will send the transaction information through to the EFPTOS machine.
Direct the customer to tap, swipe or insert their card to pay.
- For contactless payments (tap), the customer is required to enter a PIN for amounts over $200. Find out more https://www.auspaynet.com.au/resources/ContactlessLimits
Choose if a Customer Copy of the receipt is required.
Refunding a transaction
Press Menu button, then Transactions (1) and Refund (2).
- If Refunds aren’t enabled on your machine, see instructions in Step 2.
Enter your refund password.
Enter the amount to be refunded to the card. If a surcharge was applied to the transaction, ensure this is included in the refund amount and press OK.
Swipe or insert the card and ask cardholder to select the account and enter their PIN and press OK.
- If the refund is to a credit account, a PIN isn’t required.
- Refunds can only be made to the card that was used for the initial payment.
- Refunds cannot be processed when the EFTPOS machine is offline.
Voiding a transaction
If a transaction was completed successfully using a credit card or via MOTO, you generally have until the EFTPOS machine settles for the day to attempt to void the transaction.
Press Menu button, then Transactions (1) and Void (5).
Enter you Refund password.
Select Last Transaction (1) (processed on the machine) or By Transaction Ref (2) and enter the six-digit transaction reference number located on the receipt of the transaction.