Simple steps to get started
Unbox your machine and accessories
In the box you will find your EFTPOS machine, a power adaptor (if required), long-life rechargeable battery, Ways to pay sticker and User guide https://www.bendigobank.com.au/business/payments-and-merchant-services/merchant-support/
- Display the Ways to pay stickers in your window/door and near the EFTPOS machine to let customers know what payment types are accepted
- To protect your customers’ privacy, our Mobile EFTPOS machines are fitted with privacy shields. It’s important they are kept intact on the machine at all times
Insert the battery into the back of the machine. You may need to lift the PIN shield to slide the cover off.
- Find the battery at one end of the box under a cardboard flap
- For replacement machines, use the battery from your old machine
Insert the power adaptor into the machine and plug into a power supply to start charging. For top tips on battery performance read the help article. https://help.tyro.com/s/article/My-Tyro-EFTPOS-machine-or-battery-doesn-t-hold-its-charge
Turn on by pressing the yellow Corr button.
Connecting to the internet
You need an internet connection to process a transaction, offline transactions are not available. Your machine has a Telstra 4G SIM card installed to be used as backup. Do not remove the SIM card as this will disable mobile connectivity.
When the machine first turns on, you will see Network Setup. Press Next then WiFi Scan and choose your WiFi Network.
- If you don’t see your Network on the screen, you may need to scroll down
Enter your Passphrase – this is your WiFi Network password.
- All passwords are case sensitive
- Press the Menu button to change between lower case and capital letters and numbers
- Press (1) to enter symbols or characters
Select DHCP or Static. You should choose DHCP unless you have more advanced, specific network requirements.
- Static requires IP address, Netmask, Gateway and DNS
- If the EFTPOS machine displays WiFi connection failed or Sign on Failed – No WiFi Network, reboot the machine by holding the yellow Corr key for 10 seconds
Ready for next steps?
Topic: here goes the next topic