Integrate with your Point of Sale (POS) or Practice Management System (PMS)
If you will be operating your EFTPOS machine in standalone mode e.g. manually typing in transaction amounts, when you see the prompt Pair with POS select Skip on the machine and click on Next at the bottom of the page to progress to the next step.
- If you hit Start accidentally, and you don’t want to pair with a POS, switch back to integrated mode (see ‘Switching between integration modes’).
- For health businesses, you need to integrate to a Tyro compatible Practice Management Software (PMS) to process Medicare Easyclaim and HealthPoint claims.
Pairing your POS with your EFTPOS machine
To process integrated EFTPOS transactions, your machine must be paired with your Tyro compatible POS or PMS. When you see the prompt Pair with POS, press Start.
Your merchant ID and terminal ID will be displayed on the EFTPOS machine. Use this information to input into your POS or PMS software.
Initiate the pairing sequences through your POS or PMS software before pressing Start on your EFTPOS machine.
- For detailed instructions go to help.tyro.com, and search for your POS or PMS provider. If you can’t find the relevant information here, please contact your POS or PMS provider.
- If you would like more information about processing Medicare Easyclaim or HealthPoint, please refer to your PMS or partner software. For specialised health support, please give Tyro a call.
Once successfully paired, you may initiate a test transaction via your POS/PMS
- If you have multiple EFTPOS machines, repeat the process for each machine to be paired to a POS/PMS.
Many POS programs, particularly if they are Windows based, use the Tyro Terminal Adapter (TTA) to send transaction requests to and from the EFTPOS machine. To find out what integration you need, talk to your POS provider.
If you need to pair with the TTA:
- First, install the TTA https://help.tyro.com/s/article/How-do-I-install-the-Tyro-Terminal-Adapter
- Then pair your EFTPOS machine to the TTA https://help.tyro.com/s/article/How-to-integrate-a-Tyro-EFTPOS-machine-with-the-Tyro-Terminal-Adapter-TTA
iClient integration is another common integration method, find out more here:
Switching between integration modes
Tyro EFTPOS machines have three integration modes; Standalone, Integrated (transaction information is sent to the EFTPOS machine from the POS/PMS), and Pay@Table1 (the machine pulls the transaction information from a dedicated POS/PMS server).
- 1. To change the integration method on the Tyro EFTPOS machine, press Menu, select Configuration (5) and enter your Admin Password.
- 2. Select Integrated EFTPOS (1) and Select Integration Mode (1).
- 3. Choose from Standalone (1), Integrated (2), or Pay@Table (3) (if applicable) and press OK.