Tyro exists to provide Australian Small and Medium Enterprises with innovative products and services, to help improve and grow their business. We started by providing our integrated EFTPOS, recently we launched lending and deposit products, we’re the first tech company to become a banking institution in Australia. Our environment is changing constantly as we grow quickly while maintaining our values of empowerment, innovation, fairness, transparency, respect and work/life balance.
Our Engineering team is one of the most disciplined Agile organisations in the country. We’ve been practising eXtreme Programming for over 10 years and we actively maintain a unique engineering culture that most IT workers only ever dream about.
It’s an environment that changes constantly, and we’re not afraid to test out new ideas if you suggest them. We’ve been growing quickly and will continue to do so and we’ve been implementing changes to help us maintain our culture and the quality of our product as we scale. We are looking for amazing Delivery Leads to join us!
About the role?
- As a Delivery Lead you will be working day-day with one of our software delivery teams.
- Helping to facilitate the flow of work in an Agile environment from product idea through design-build-test-operate for complex customer focused, business critical applications that use a range of cutting edge technologies.
- You are responsible for keeping multiple stakeholders involved and informed and are willing and able to have difficult conversations when needed with team members or stakeholders.
- You help facilitate interactions within your team, across your tribe and more broadly with other teams within Tyro.
- You will remove roadblocks and encourage continuous improvement so that your team(s) can deliver as effectively as possible.
- You focus on and balance the needs of the customer, your team(s) and the Tyro business.
- Significant experience leading the delivery of software development projects with the latest technologies.
- You are an evangelist of Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery practices and you have practical experience leading delivery teams using these methods
- A servant leadership style. You see it as your role to empower your team(s) and to clear a path to make it easier for them to develop a product that your customers will love.
- You coach and mentor your team to better versions of themselves
- Evidence of managing multiple work streams and forging positive relationships with multiple stakeholder groups.
- You keep both the long and short term in view, removing bottlenecks in current workflow and preparing for longer term work so that it is ready once the team(s) get to it.
- You encourage innovation and take managed risks by implementing incremental approaches to delivery.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and to lead from the front with enthusiasm and energy.
- You’re a problem solver and you thrive in constantly changing environments.
- You live and breathe openness, transparency and visibility.
If this sounds like you then we would love to speak to you!
What else do we have to offer?
We work hard at Tyro, but we also truly value the work-life balance of our staff. We only hire exceptional people, so every employee is given the opportunity to share in the company’s success through our share option plan. We have a relaxed workplace and a culture of open communication and transparency.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org