Do you feel that your engineering talents are being wasted in your current job? Then keep reading because Tyro might be the place for you. Our team is packed with software engineers who are passionate about delivering real value for our customers by producing high-quality payment solutions. We’re a fast growing company and we cut through the red tape so that you get to do what you do best. Best of all, you’ll be surrounded by driven, intelligent people who are powering the innovative products making waves in the payments industry.
About the role
You’ll have the opportunity to work on our complete suite of systems, from our core payment infrastructure to various innovative merchant-facing systems. We employ Agile methods and use the principles and practices of eXtreme Programming. This means you’ll work in small teams and engage in full-time pair programming. Drawing upon a wide-range of open-source technologies, we construct superior solutions from best-of-breed components so you’ll always be learning something new.
What you’ll be doing
- Coding, and lots of it
- Writing interesting, complex software – not just web sites
- Working collaboratively
- Reacting quickly to change
- Producing high quality work with every commit
What we’re looking for
- Awesome core Java skills (essential)
- Experience in building enterprise applications
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, microservices or TDD (desirable)
- Outstanding all-round communication skills
- A passion for creating quality software
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
Being a software engineer at Tyro
We place a lot of emphasis on getting the best from our engineers. We won’t waste your time with long meetings and we don’t believe in letting your job title define what you can or cannot do. If you’re a top-notch software engineer who likes the sound of continuous learning, a social and fun culture (anyone for table tennis?), great work-life balance, and a cool office in the heart of the CBD – then we’d love to hear from you.
Send an email to email@example.com and include:
- your resume
- your residency status
- the reasons you’d be a great fit.