Simple steps to get started
Unbox your machine and accessories
In the box you will find your EFTPOS machine, a power adaptor (for new machines), Ethernet cable, Ways to Pay sticker and User Guide https://www.tyro.com/product-guides/
- Display the Ways to pay stickers in your window/door and near the EFTPOS machine to let customers know what payment types are accepted.
Insert the power adaptor into the machine and plug into a power supply to start charging. Turn on the machine by pressing the yellow Corr button. For top tips on battery performance read the help article.
Connecting to the internet
You need an internet connection to process a transaction, offline transactions are not available. Your machine has a Telstra 4G SIM card installed to be used as backup. Do not remove the SIM card.
Connect the EFTPOS machine to your network by plugging one end of the Ethernet cable into the socket on the machine base and the other end to a spare port on your modem, router, or switch.
- If you see No Network Cable the machine does not detect the network, check that the Ethernet cable is correctly plugged in.
- Check if there is activity/power on the connection at the router/modem/hub. Read more here. https://help.tyro.com/s/article/Sign-on-Failed-No-Network-Cable
- An Ethernet connection is required to process HealthPoint (private health insurance) claims.
Select Network Setup, then Ethernet.
Select DHCP or Static. You should choose DHCP unless you have more advanced, specific network requirements.
- Static requires IP address, Netmask, Gateway and DNS.