How do I promote my eCommerce business?
The best way to promote your eCommerce website is through generating buzz and ongoing optimisation. Word of mouth and customer goodwill will deliver for you in spades of course, but there’s plenty more you can do to make your website top of mind for would-be customers.
eCommerce customer acquisition
Build a clear customer profile by learning about your perfect person X – why they need your products, the type of media they digest, and your elevator pitch.
From there, you can:
- develop an advertising and media plan
- optimise your website user journey to help convert leads to sales.
Best eCommerce promotion strategy
Organic search accounts for a huge chunk of web traffic, so it’s important to get search engine optimisation (SEO) right when promoting your eCommerce website.
For the big search engines like Google to find your business and serve your website high up on page 1 of the search results, you need to give them exactly what they need.
To do this, your site must:
- rank well for your chosen keywords
- be technically sound and fast to load
- include content that your customers want
- be back linked from other websites, like business directories and news sites.
Other new customer advertising
You can also buy advertising space from:
- social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram
- digital advertisers like newspapers and online directories
- search engines (the results you see tagged as ‘Ad’ or ‘Sponsored’ on search results pages).
Retaining existing customers
Loyal customers are a great source of eCommerce promotion. If they love you, they should keep coming back with a gentle nudge or two.
At a bare minimum, aim to:
- engage customers on their preferred social media platform(s)
- set up a permission-based mailing list via email and text
- get customers to get more customers with a referral program
- reward customers with a loyalty program – ‘buy 5, get 1 free’.
Plan it so you can measure it
Be sure to make a marketing plan so you know where you’re headed. Decide on where and how you’ll advertise – taking on board some of the ideas above – and plot out how frequently you’ll do it and the budget you can afford. Being able to realistically measure return on investment is key.
Are you looking for an eCommerce solution?
Whether it’s online or in-store, Tyro makes accepting payments simple, fast and secure. Take a look at our eCommerce page here: https://www.tyro.com/products/ecommerce/
Was this helpful?
Call us: 1300 00 TYRO (8976)