Simple steps to get started
Install and charge
Step 1: Install and charge
The battery provided is designed specifically for your Tyro Pro machine.
- Before plugging in your machine, turn your machine over and unclip the battery door by pushing the clips as shown in the picture below.
- Find the battery pack included in the box and place in the back of the machine
- Attach the battery door.
We recommend fully charging the battery before first use. The battery charges each time the power adapter is connected.
To charge your battery:
- Connect the power adapter provided to the machine USB type-C connector.
- Connect the power adapter to the power supply.
- The battery icon on the top of the screen will show that it is charging.
Step 2: Insert a paper roll
The Tyro Pro uses the same paper rolls as the Tyro Mobile EFTPOS machines. NOTE: Unapproved paper rolls may damage the printer. Paper rolls can be purchased via the Tyro App or Tyro Portal.
To insert a paper roll:
- Open the paper cover by lifting the catch located at the top of your Tyro Pro and pull the cover down towards the back of the machine.
- Insert the paper roll following the picture below.
- Pull the paper so that you can see the receipt paper when you clip the cover into position.
Advice: when inserting a new paper roll, tear of the first length to avoid printing on the adhesive area.